Partner, Advisory Services and head of Quality Control, of Howladar Yunus & Co. Trained with Midgley Snelling & Co., Chartered Accountants, in England, as a trainee accountant in late eighties and qualified as a chartered accountant in 1992 under the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England & Wales. Before joining HYC as a partner, Maruf Khan has 25 years post qualification experience in the financial industry, business and advisories including five years as the Consultant to Howladar Yunus & Co., and subsequently became a partner in 2016.
During his 25 years of exposure in business as well as in practice, Maruf Khan has established himself as an expert in corporate finance and in all fields of securities industries as well as in international taxations, cross border investments and special investigations. He also has wide experience in monitoring, evaluation and performance audit conducted under different embassies and development financial institutions, international agencies. His area of interest and specialization includes Forensic Investigations, Cross Border Transactions, Transactions including capital advisory, valuations, debt advisory, assets recovery and tracing, International Taxations including Transfer Pricing, Indirect Taxations, Contract Negotiations, Evaluations and financial monitoring for funders / donors or regulators, Global Mobility Services.
- Fellow member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England & Wales
- Member of Institute of Chartered Professional Accountants (ICPA) of Ontario, Canada
- Member of Chartered Institute for Securities and Investment, UK
- Fellow member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Bangladesh (ICAB)
- Corporate Finance qualification, Institute of Chartered Accountants in England & Wales.
- Fellow Chartered Accountant
- Masters of Commerce with Honors in Accounting from University of Dhaka
- Post-graduation in Investigative and Forensic Accounting program from the University of Toronto, Canada